Can I apply?
TECU Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited is open to EVERYONE.
- Complete the Application for Membership Form.
- Two (2) forms of valid government-issued identification – National Identification Card, Driver’s Permit, Passport.
- Proof of Address – Utility Bills excluding mobile bills – not older than three (3) months (e.g. T&TEC, TSTT Landline, Cable), WASA bills not older than six (6) months. N.B. If the utility bill is not in the applicant’s name, a coloured copy of a valid government-issued identification together with an authorization letter OR a copy of the lease agreement and a recent rent receipt are required from the person whose name is on the bill. Click here for an example of the authorization letter.
- Recommender – A member of TECU Credit Union for more than three (3) years with a minimum shareholding of $2,500 and in good financial standing. Persons without a recommender can speak to a branch representative.
- Joint Partner / Beneficiary – A coloured copy of valid government-issued identification – National Identification Card, Driver’s Permit, Passport. N.B. Joint Partner (minimum age fourteen (14) years) must be a member of TECU Credit Union.
- Minimum deposit to Share Account – $300.00
- Proof of Employment & Income:
a) Employed Persons – Job Letter – not older than three (3) months AND Payslip – not older than one (1) month.
b) Self Employed Persons – Business Registration Certificate OR Articles of Association / Incorporation AND Income & Expenditure Statement (prepared by a certified accountant) OR Bank Statements for the last three (3) months.
c) Unemployed Persons – A letter from the person funding the account stating their intent to fund same along with their job letter (not older than three (3) months) and payslip (not older than one (1) month). Click here for an example of the letter.
d) Pensioners – Pension letter from the Government / Private Institution outlining payment details OR Pension slips for the last three (3) months OR Bank statement for the last three (3) months outlining pension deposits.
e) Foreigners / Non-residents – A reference letter is required as confirmation/evidence of prospective member’s relationship with their foreign bank (legal requirement).